
ANTIOCH- currently my favorite part of the semester!
I had my doubts of going to this retreat. I was 50/50 on my decision because I had so much stuff to do for school and at the same time...I was longing for something else. I didn't know what that was until I got there and shared my stories with my group. Some say that it's easier to share your feelings and stories with a stranger rather than someone you know because that fear of judgement won't be there. 'Tis is true!
I opened up to my group, the "Tick Tock Antiochers." They might not remember half of what I said but at least I know that I can share that kind of information to people now. You can say that the Antioch retreat popped that protective bubble around me and made it more comfortable for me to be....ME!
I absolutely loved the people I met there. And the people I already knew, I'm glad to be closer to them at a different level in my life. Who knew that I would enjoy myself without all the daily things I use in my life? I had no cellphone to text anyone, no laptop or ipod to use on my spare time, and no knowledge of the current time. I was in God's time and I loved every part of it! It not only opened my eyes about the "ways" in my life but it strengthened my faith in so many levels. It was such a great tool for my current transition in life....sigh.
I was also thinking about being a team member for Antioch Spring '10 while I was there but I was unsure about the decision. It wasn't until I got back to school and a certain message that was sent to me that made me realize I really want to be a part of it. It was a simple message thanking me for being MYSELF during the weekend! How often do you get that from someone you JUST met?!
But that's not it! I apparently motivated this person to be less shy and have no shame in being yourself. I mean that is HUGE!!! It makes a person think for a second...about the things in your life and how you can help people by just being...YOU! My views on things have slightly changed and I do not regret going to this retreat at all. It might take a while to adapt but I know who to go to for help. He's just right around the corner! ^_^
I want to write more about the happenings in my life but that will have to wait because I have to go to "Spoon River Anthology" right now!
Meryll ^_^ V

No comments:
Post a Comment