Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby steps

Today was somewhat of a good day! I saw a sign of improvement with a change I made school-wise! I studied my butt off this week and it paid off.
I wish my exams next week are like that because i really need the grade.....but I have to go to my Antioch retreat tomorrow til Sunday night. I'm going to pray that I am not too tired on Sunday to study for all the exams....either that or I will not be sleeping for a couple of days. God help me, please! *sigh*

My meeting with my professor was scary to think about but it went better than I expected. She helped me with studying strategies and whatnot. So I have to follow those and promise her a better turn out on exams. I mentioned to her that I was having a hard time getting used to this culture shock and she assured me it will be better. She said the first semester is always the hardest for transfer students and that everyone at Clarke will help me get through it. I love that! I kinda feel confident now....baby steps...little baby steps.

I'm glad I chose (hmm is that spelled right? lol) to stay in and watch 17 Again tonight with Erin. Thank you!!! So proud of her...she stayed up waaaay past her bedtime just to chill with me. I wish Gina was here though. I will be spending the whole weekend with her though (YAY!) but will miss Erin dearly (BOO!). It will pass by quickly! I just know it!!!

I know I have mixed feelings about Antioch. I mean I'm complaining that I have so much stuff to do but at the same time I can't wait! I guess you can say that I've experienced something like this before and I'm desperately wanting that 'feeling' back. I hope it'll be a good experience. I love people and I can't wait to meet new ones tomorrow! Yay! Speaking of that...I guess I should head out now.

I will not have any connection to the outside world from 830 am tomorrow until 8 pm Sunday night! Meaning no: cellphones, laptops, ipods, watches, and so on! So leave me plenty of messages, texts, and whatnot please!!! I'll miss you guys!!!

Good night & God bless!
Meryll ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment