“Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets.”
I found out last week that my aunt elsie, eldest in my mom's side of the family, is not doing too well. She had a stroke not too long ago and it gave her long lasting side effects. My mom called me and said that she's not as strong as she was before. My cousin, who is taking care of my aunt right now, figured that my aunt is having too much trouble getting food down her throat. He asked her doctor to finally to attach her to a nasogastric tube to help her get the nourishment she needs.
For those of you that don't know how that works....they insert a tube up her nose which goes down her throat and eventually reaches her stomach. Everything she eats is liquified so it is easier to get in the tube. Not very appealing to me but it works and it's helping her. She's only 60 something and that really scares me....I don't even know what to say.
This weekend was a blast though. It helped ease the worry off my shoulders. Somewhat.
I hung out with the gang even if it was for such a short time. I went to Kari's housewarming get together. I now have a place to crash if I ever need to. Yay! Saturday through Sunday was family time! Traveled to Naperville with the fambam and krisha. Stayed at Ninang Tess's humble abode then watched Mykey in CATS. It was a fabulous production! Afterwards, we celebrated at TGIFridays and had a massive dinner! We didn't get back to the house until 130-2am i believe! We ended the night with The Superhero Movie.
Looong sleepless nights are not fun but entertaining breakfasts are! Left Naperville and went straight home. Before I watched my dad's team dominate in basketball, I packed all my things and said my goodbye to my mommy. It was a remarkable weekend!
Now I'm back at school. I have pancit and and Filipino snacks in my fridge! Life is good right? Wrong! I talked to my Aunt ELSA, from my dad's side, online and she mentioned to me that my fraternal grandmother is not doing well either. She can no longer walk and is incapable of going to the bathroom anymore. Of course, I had to all home and break the bad news to my dad. I having to do that! I'm just praying that she'll be fine long enough for me to see her again. And my aunt elsie as well.
My week has only begun and it's already a handful to handle. Oh the rewards and struggles of life....sigh. Just have to keep praying and smilin' I guess. May the Lord help me please!

No comments:
Post a Comment