...has motivated me to finally write in my blog. I've been eager to write about my new adventure for the longest time but haven't had the right motivation to do so. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, my new adventure is....CLARKE!
Eight months ago, my plans were to take a semester off and get a job so I can save money for....who knows what! Mother dearest of mine was not fond of that idea. I literally applied for Clarke out of the blue. My hopes weren't very high and I was ready to get rejected...again. It seemed to be the trend the past year or so. But this summer changed my plans completely! I was accepted into the school and eventually into the nursing program! Prayers do get answered!
It was quite an overwhelming last couple weeks of the summer. From getting ready to "move on' and spending a "crap load" of money! Good thing I worked my butt off this summer. Sadly, most of it is gone already. Oh how life works.
The beginning of CONNECT (a welcome weekend event) was a scary experience. It was a sign of starting over. I'm not really good at that whole ordeal. I like being in my comfort zone...is that what they call it? I don't even know!
Anyway, we pulled into Clarke Drive and you can see people in bright green t-shirts, TUCKPOINTERS, helping new students get settled and a bunch of people moving in! I got situated in my room and spent some time with the FAMBAM! They didn't stay long though since it was raining and my dad can't handle driving in that, especially when it gets pretty dark. Honestly, I didn't want them to leave. If I could've, I'd keep them in my closet and take them out whenever I needed them. Hahah yes, I know. Impossible. My family does not like to show each other how much we want to cry but it was pretty obvious. I cried on my way to our next meeting of the day. It was so horrible! But I made it right?
I've been at Clarke for almost a month now and I'm still in the transition phase. Classes are going alright....for the most part, at least. I feel at home when I walk into my room. The challenge I think was/is most difficult for me is meeting new people. People back home will think I am totally lying after reading that last sentence. That's just not me! I'm just used to knowing EVERYONE and I'm usually the type that will come up to a complete stranger and talk to them. I swear, it will be the death of me someday. Yet somehow it is so difficult for me to be "me" here. I get frightened easily. I don't know...I'll probably get there sooner or later.
I know I'm starting to love it here. Slowly but surely. My tuckpointers are always out and about greeting me when I pass by. I have Angel, who I have known since we were little, and her friends that I've hung out a couple times. And of course, the two people that have been keeping me sane, Erin and Gina! I love them to death! I don't know what'd I'd do without them! Erin's boyfriend, Cody, goes to the same school as my little brother, Mykey! Small world right? Gotta love it! Gina has introduced me to her Loras friends and I completely adore them! They remind me of my friends back home! I'm so glad I've met these wonderful people because it's making my journey a little smoother than I expected.
Let's see what the next couple of months have in stored for me. I will try to update as much as I can. I promise I will try to make the entries a bit shorter than this one. Apologies in advanced if I don't fulfill that promise though. =)
Stay tuned!
~Meryll~

No comments:
Post a Comment